Polycase stainless steel boxes include an internal mounting panel, external surface mounting brackets, and all hardware for wall mounting. Optional accessories include pole mounting kits, cable management, and venting solutions. We also offer a line of carbon steel enclosures in similar sizes.
Choosing Stainless Steel Enclosures for Your Application
Whether you need a junction box or a control panel, finding the right enclosure starts with considering the needs of your application, such as:
- Size: Your enclosure needs sufficient room to hold all of its electrical components while accounting for factors such as the space required by design for assembly (DFA) principles. Polycase’s selection of stainless steel enclosures includes a wide variety of sizes.
- Protection Rating: Many applications require enclosures with a certain level IP and/or NEMA rating, so check the specifications of your project. Polycase’s stainless steel enclosures are rated for protection up to NEMA Type 4X and IP66, with a waterproof and dustproof gasket that can handle anything from a rainstorm to a pressurized hose washdown.
- Stainless Steel Type: Various types of stainless steel exist, with different elements used in their production that give them different qualities. 304 stainless steel — the kind you’ll find in our enclosures — is known as a high-performance type of stainless steel suitable for most applications.
- Convenience and Accessibility: An enclosure’s design features can make a big difference in productivity for the people who install and use them. Our stainless steel boxes include mounting hardware that make them easy to use as wall mount enclosures, plus features such as hinged covers that allow convenient access to interior components.
- Security: On the other hand, access control is also crucial. Polycase’s stainless steel enclosures include a keyed quarter-turn latch system for strong security.
- Appearance: Stainless steel enclosures have a sleek appearance that makes them an excellent choice for applications where a polished image is a must.
- Accessories: Consider any enclosure accessories your application might require. Our lineup of SA Series accessories includes all-in-one pole mount kits with all the necessary clamps and hardware.
Shop Polycase’s lineup of NEMA 4X stainless steel enclosures here. Each model is designed to offer the best qualities of stainless steel, with a design that provides industrial-grade protection in a huge range of applications.